Oct 11, 2010

Turtle Soup 4




I'm starting to re-thumbnail my story in an effort to pair it down a pag or two, and I figured it was about time to nail down my background characters. I needed about twenty, a mix of humans and monsters, basically just a scrum of tough guys. I wanted to have them all down before I did my second round of thumbnails so I could keep them all consistent shot to shot.

Page four has the basic layout of the armory and the seating chart (far right). In placing them at tables, some small narratives cropped up even among these nonsense characters who have no lines and no real action in the story. It was a funny little organic thing. Three and nine found love after their warring armies destroyed each other. Seven is making peace with her long-vanquished foes, eleven and twelve. Just stuff like that.

Page three has the mostly final designs for the smith and the boy, who are the two main characters.

Again, The Anthology Project Kickstarter page is here, if you are so inclined. A pledge of $30 gets the book when it comes out and if you want to give more than that, there several tiers of prizes beyond that.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome characters, looking forward to the comic.
    Number 14 is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  2. is 14. inspired at all by Tom Nook from Animal Crossing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is that extortionist Racoon's true form, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great seeing these sketchbook idea, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete