Apr 29, 2010

Great Goblin 3

Some silhouette exercises, numbered for your (and my) convenience. I like doing these because they're quick and helpful, letting you make easy decisions about posture and shape without putting in all the little details. I took a class with Brian Ralph in school and he really hammered home the value of silhouette drawing.

I think 3, 6, and 8 are my favorites so far, but let me know your thoughts. Also compare these to regular goblin silhouettes (here).

More soon.

5 comments:

  1. I think 1, 6 and 8 have the most interesting shapes. 1 even is a little less "polished" than 6 or 8 but i like it because it's less symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see 6 with some of this twisted fat necks that are on 8 and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more fat arms and shoulders, just my opinion

    ReplyDelete