Jul 14, 2008

Little dudes

Hey bros and lady-bros, no new finals this time, but a couple of quick little things.

I've been having some trouble thinking up pieces to do that aren't just more of the same. I'd love to post here and say that I've totally gotten over that and these sketches are the wave of the future, but I can't really do that. So, here's some big monsters and tiny people:



I had some scraps of paper left over from cutting down larger sheets for pieces, and so I drew boxes in charcoal and brushed it around with some water, then drew into it more and added some black and white watercolor at the end to round things out. The first piece is probably the 20th incarnation of a little sketch I've been working on...it's still not quite working for me, and I think it's because of lack of focus. What's going on? Who are these people? Who's that big dude? I can only answer in vague, disconnected words (protector, forest fire, offering), but beyond that there isn't really a narrative or whatever.

Maybe in the future or something.



This one didn't have a sketch or idea behind it. I just blocked in some shapes and went to town. Then I drew some little dudes with hats.

I hope to have some more little guys like these soon...maybe when I finish the sketchbook I'm working in and buy a nice new watercolor Moleskine.

Even more, I hope that I have some actual finals and maybe an idea for my thesis in the coming weeks. Later bros.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty badical (but don't be confused -- that means good).

    Also, this is what I want to watch with you:

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice and moody, I like this new technique.

    You should talk to Eamonn and Bill, I've seen them both play with this and I bet they have a few tips they could give you. But really nice, you could drop some tones in in photoshop and these would be fantasteek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring stuff I really like the black and white charcoal pieces

    ReplyDelete